Figure Spotlight: Nendoroid Hatsune Miku Halloween Ver.

Happy Halloween! In the spirit of the holiday, we're going to be taking a look at Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Halloween Ver. - courtesy of Mamitan and Good Smile Company.
The box has a Jack-o'-Lantern face printed on a pumpkin shaped window, as well as some fitting type color to match the theme.
 Even the back of the box looks wonderful.
Here's the complete set. Halloween Miku is decently equipped with a standard faire of faceplates, limbs and accessories. Specifically, it comes with a prop Jack-o'-Lantern and a candy cane. The latter seemed rather odd to me at first considering that it's an item more associated with Christmas.
However, as some of the viewers pointed out in the comments of my Figure Spotlight video on her, the prop makes sense in the context of works like The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Nendoroid Halloween Miku is gorgeous. There's so many little bits of detail to take away from this design. 

How about those earrings and eyeliner? 
Or her vampiric fang?

Or these bat-like wings on her shoes?
Or these actual bat-like wings?
She was especially fun to work with as a result of this set I made for her. Old timey, creepy Halloween furnishing everywhere! Stained fireplace, sewing machine, old wallpapers, windows, lighting, etc.
I'm a sucker for Nendoroid Miku smiles, especially with the fangs. hhhnnngggg
This one is a pre-recording still of Halloween Miku. A lot more dramatic lighting and color.
The key-still for her fullOanime Figure Spotlight video. This, and the other shots in the video were graded in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 using Lumetri + ImpulZ Kodak Vision3 200T 5213 LUT + Three-Way-Collor Corrector. I wanted to give it an old, classic look as that's what I associate Halloween with the most.
One of the standard poses advertised by Good Smile Company. Miku leaning on the Jack-o'-Lantern adds character that I don't think I've seen in her before.
And I also brought in the piano and seat from the Nendoroid Miku Spring ver. set for Halloween Miku to play on. Because there's no sitting parts for her, I had to improvise with mixing/matching parts and camera trickery. But it worked out pretty well, I think.

If you liked the frames of Halloween Miku I took here, check out the my Figure Spotlight video of her on my YouTube channel. They're all ripped from there. 

Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but they're worth even more when they move!

No comments:

Post a Comment